I’ve called this the Pointless Crochet Rug as I made it when I had no need for a rug and actually nowhere for it to go! So it was rather pointless! Still it’s still fab, so I thought I’d share my pattern. (*disclaimer – I did look at hundred’s of crochet rugs before I made this, so while it might resemble a few others, I didn’t find one I liked so I made this up as I went along. After frogging the and second) attempt!)
I used Boodles textile yarn available at Hobbycraft
- Chain 4 and join with a ss to make a ring.
- Ch3, 19 trebles into the ring, join to top of ch3 (20sts)
- Ch3, tr in next st, ch2, * tr in next 2 sts ch2* rep from * 8 more times. Join to initial ch3.
- Ch3, tr in next st, 3tr in ch2 space, * tr in next 2 sts, 3tr in ch space rep from * 8 times. Join to top of ch3.
- Ch5, sk tr, tr in next stitch, *ch2 sk tr, tr in next st*, rep from * 21 times Join to 3rd ch of initial ch5
- Ch3, 2tr in ch2 space, tr in top of next tr, *2tr in ch2 space, tr in next stitch* rep from * Join with ss in 3rd chain of initial ch
- Ch3, tr in each of next 2 stitches, 2tr in next stitch. *tr, tr, 2tr* rep from *
- Ch3, tr in each stitch around
- Ch4, sk tr, tr in next stitch, *ch1 sk st, tr in next st* rep from * Join to 3rd ch of intial ch4
- Ch1, dc in same stitch, double crochet in each stitch around.
- Ch1, dc in same stitch, dc in next 9 stitchs, 2dc in next stitch, double crochet in each of next 9 stitches, 2dc in next st. 9dc, 2dc in every 10th stitch. Join to 1st dc and fasten off.