I’ve called this the Pointless Crochet Rug as I made it when I had no need for a rug and actually nowhere for it to go! So it was rather pointless! Still it’s still fab, so I thought I’d share my pattern. (*disclaimer – I did look at hundred’s of crochet rugs before I made this, so while it might resemble a few others, I didn’t find one I liked so I made this up as I went along. After frogging the and second) attempt!)
I used Boodles textile yarn available at Hobbycraft
- Chain 4 and join with a ss to make a ring.
- Ch3, 19 trebles into the ring, join to top of ch3 (20sts)
- Ch3, tr in next st, ch2, * tr in next 2 sts ch2* rep from * 8 more times. Join to initial ch3.
- Ch3, tr in next st, 3tr in ch2 space, * tr in next 2 sts, 3tr in ch space rep from * 8 times. Join to top of ch3.
- Ch5, sk tr, tr in next stitch, *ch2 sk tr, tr in next st*, rep from * 21 times Join to 3rd ch of initial ch5
- Ch3, 2tr in ch2 space, tr in top of next tr, *2tr in ch2 space, tr in next stitch* rep from * Join with ss in 3rd chain of initial ch
- Ch3, tr in each of next 2 stitches, 2tr in next stitch. *tr, tr, 2tr* rep from *
- Ch3, tr in each stitch around
- Ch4, sk tr, tr in next stitch, *ch1 sk st, tr in next st* rep from * Join to 3rd ch of intial ch4
- Ch1, dc in same stitch, double crochet in each stitch around.
- Ch1, dc in same stitch, dc in next 9 stitchs, 2dc in next stitch, double crochet in each of next 9 stitches, 2dc in next st. 9dc, 2dc in every 10th stitch. Join to 1st dc and fasten off.
Happy New Year all! Hope you had a good one. Just a quick update to let you know a few things.
Having discovered a better way of doing the chainless foundation row. I will be updating both my posts on this in the coming weeks.
I now have a Facebook page! Search SweetHomebody and you should find me there. I’d love it if you’d like my page. I will put up a link as soon as I figure out how!
Finally, I fully intend to be around much more this year so here’s to lots of hooky fun!
Firstly sorry it’s been so long, but I haven’t been idle, I have lots to tell you!
I’ve been busy working on lots of new projects, which I will come to, but first I have been doing lots of planning lately as I have got a job! A job teaching crochet!! Can you believe it!?!
I have taught 3 courses so far and a couple of full day advanced workshops and it’s been fab! I have met so many lovely ladies and had a great time teaching them. I teach these courses at Grace & Favour – The Sewing Sanctuary in Thornton Lancashire so if you live near there and want to learn, get in touch!
I am also going to start running some classes from home too. I have been asked by a few people for whom Thornton is just too far, so I thought why not! Which leads me to my next news! To go alongside my classes I’m going to be stocking Stylecraft Special DK!! This is going to be like yarn heaven for me! I may spend most of my days squishing it. Expect many pictures on Instagram.
So I think that might be me up to date, my first beginners class at home will be Saturday 6th September 2-4 pm so get in touch if you’re interested.
My full day beginners workshop at The Sewing Sanctuary is 16th August. 10am – 4pm (please see Grace&Favour for details)